Labels

Monday, February 27, 2012

Dreaming of the mountains

It's almost spring here in Colorado (well, I guess we'll see what March brings- but it's been warm the last week or so!).  And though I am really excited for warmer weather- easier hikes, more time outside, walking around Boulder, brighter clothes- I still find myself dreaming about the mountains and trying to plan a great escape into the snow! At least I can dream of this...


Coffee overlooking the mountains on a cold morning.


Awesome fire pit to keep your warm with an amazing mountain view.


A little ski town- anywhere. Kind of reminds me of Vail.


Gorgeous winter dining- looks so cozy. Just need to wrap up in a warm blanket and drink something hot.


Mountain happy hour

Our own little Mountain Town? Chris and I went to Grand Lake, CO this summer and it was awesome. I simply love this little town. It is a cute small town, very "Americana", with a board walk, shops, a small brewery, all sitting on a huge lake with mountains surrounding it. It is right outside of Rocky Mountain National Park. I want us to get a condo there- I really fell in love with the place.

Here we are in Grand Lake...


Happy to be there


Out for a run- check out the view! That is "mount baldy" in the distance.


Hanging by the lake

Grand Lake boasts having the best fire works display in Colorado. We witnessed it first hand as we spend 4th of July weekend there. It was beautiful- watching fireworks over the mountain lake as we laid on the beach. It was so dark, and the fireworks were reflecting off the water that you couldn't tell where the sky ended and the lake began. We want to go back every year for 4th of July

No comments:

Post a Comment